This article is under construction by the author(s) of whom this article's property falls under.
The Luthor Family is a family of Scottish descent that had humble beginnings, but is now known for being part of the extremely wealthy upper-class.
- Lachlan Luthor (born 1916) was the father of Lionel Luthor. He and his wife lived in Suicide Slums, and he scraped by doing petty crime. In 1961, he was hired by Sheriff Billy Tate to kill a mysterious stranger named Joe, but instead killed Louise McCallum. However, he was never convicted of the crime because Tate had to prevent anyone from finding out his involvement. Lachlan and Eliza were killed in a tenement fire. It was later revealed that their son Lionel and his friend Morgan Edge set the fire so Lionel could collect the couple's insurance money.
- Eliza Luthor (born Eliza Meehan) was Lachlan's wife and Lionel's mother. She was killed in the tenement fire that Lionel and Morgan started.
- Lionel Luthor (1944-2008) was the founder of LuthorCorp and husband of Lillian. He was a member of Veritas, and later became the emissary of Jor-El. He served as Chairman and CEO, then as Special Advisor, of LuthorCorp. He used to have connections with the criminal underworld through his childhood best friend Morgan Edge. Lionel was the father of two sons; however, one of his sons died as an infant. He was a cruel father to Lex, but claimed that he did it for his own good to make him into son that he wanted. He was sent to prison in 2004 for killing his parents. Although he subsequently tried to redeem himself and claimed that becoming Jor-El's emissary had changed him, he met a similar end to his parents; as they had been murdered by their son, so was Lionel when Lex discovered his connection to Veritas and pushed him out the window of his office at LuthorCorp.
- Lillian Luthor was Lionel's wife. She died of a heart condition in 1993. Lionel married Lillian probably sometime in the 1970s, and she gave birth to two sons, Alexander and Julian. Lillian grew to resent Lionel's ruthless and manipulative behavior, and battled poor physical and mental health in the last years of her life. She suffered extreme postpartum depression and, claiming she didn't want her two sons to fight for their father's attention and affection, smothered baby Julian to death.
- Alexander "Lex" Luthor is the eldest son of Lionel and Lillian, who inherited LuthorCorp from his father. He struggled with his dark side, which was spurred on by his father's cruelty during his childhood. He was the brother of Julian and the half-brother of Lucas. Having always blamed Lex for Julian's death, Lionel never treated Lex with care or approval; Lex spent his entire life simultaneously trying not to become his father and trying to gain his acceptance. He had a thick mop of red hair as a child, but has been bald since age 9 after being caught in the meteor shower of 1989. However, the meteor shower also gave Lex a higher chance of survival. In 2008, Lex finally and decisively turned to darkness. He abused his company's assets and resources to fund questionable and most likely illegal scientific research on cloning and alien intelligence. He also purchased Metropolis' main newspaper, the Daily Planet, in order to kill stories, fire reporters, and monitor employee's computer usage. In 2008, Lex discovered Clark Kent's secret, which led to his downfall. In an attempt to control Clark, Lex caused the destruction of the Fortress of Solitude, which injured him badly and caused him to go into hiding. He was kept alive via machines for a while relying on the success of Project Prometheus yet when this was stolen by Lana Lang, which forced him to emerge but Oliver Queen got revenge on Lex by planting one of his own bombs under the truck he was in, killing him. Before his death, Lex had created clones of himself in order to heal his damaged body. Later, Lex was resurrected by having taken the clones body parts and recieved a new heart from Darkseid (which ironically was his alternate reality father's heart) and fixed his body making it a perfect new body. However, lost his memory shortly afterwards. In the new future, he will become President of the United States.
- Julian Luthor was Lionel and Lillian's second son, who died as an infant around 1992. Lillian became pregnant with Julian when Lex was 11 years-old. Lex once said that when Julian was born, it was the only time he felt like he was part of a real family. Lex also stated that Lionel saw Julian as his second chance. It was believed that Julian died of sudden infant death syndrome, but Lex later revealed that Julian was smothered by Lillian during a bout of severe post-partum depression; Lillian reasoned that she was sparing the baby from Lionel's parenting, believing that Lionel would pit the two boys against each other. Knowing that Lionel wouldn't get him into trouble, Lex took the blame for Julian's death, which is the main cause of the conflict in their relationship. Grant Gabriel believed himself to be Julian Luthor after being told that he was instead put up for adoption by Lionel when Lillian was terminally ill, but instead discovered from Adrian Cross that they're actually clones of Julian via Project Gemini.
- Lucas Luthor is the illegitimate son of Lionel Luthor and Rachel Dunleavy. He was forced into adoption by Lionel. Rachel tried to find her son and from her research, she believed it was Clark. This was however, proved wrong. Lex found Lucas and brought him back home. Lucas tricked his father into admitting he was no longer blind and worked with Lex to help him restore his position in LuthorCorp. Lucas was placed under Lex's care and hasn't been seen since.
- Lutessa Lena Luthor was the illegitimate daughter of Lionel Luthor and Pamela Jenkins. She was left in St. Louise's Orphanage in the care of Granny Goodness by Lionel. She stayed there until she was adopted by the Mercers, becoming Tess Mercer. She was later killed by Lex in the series finale.
- "Alexander Luthor"/Conner Kent is a clone made from half of Clark Kent's genetics and half of Lex Luthor's genetics, created in Cadmus Labs.
- Clark Luthor is Lionel's adoptive son in an alternate universe.
In late 2005, Lillian showed a comatose Lex an alternate future in which he is married to Lana, with two children:
- Alexander "Alex" Luthor, Jr. is the first-born son of Lex and Lana.
- Lillian "Lily" Luthor is their infant daughter, born on Christmas Eve.
These members of the Luthor family are members of said family through marriage, or adoption.
- Jessica Williams is the fourth wife of Alexander "Lex" Luthor and the only daughter of Elinor and John Williams. She struggled throughout the series with her love for her husband, and her own sense of survival, but remained with him, even after the season finale where he lost his memories. She was the vessel of Danny Rossum, similarly to Lex being the vessel for General Zod. She was originally a normal human, but had been caught in the meteor shower in 1989, in which she gained her powers. In 2008, shortly after Lex was severely injured and was surviving on machines, she was shown to be almost constantly at his side, and this is where her dislike for Clark began, whereas she became obssessed with finding a way to keep Lex away from Clark, and prevent a falling out in their friendship. She was then grief-stricken after the bomb planted by Oliver Queen killed Lex, and attempted to kill Oliver but was stopped by Clark, whom witnessed her breaking down and sobbing. However, she later returned to Lex upon his return using his clones, and the heart given to him by Darkseid. She later remained by his side when he lost his memory, and assisted him in his goals of becoming the President of the United States.
- Lana Lang:
- Helen Bryce: